Monday, October 19, 2009

Going to Boston October 18, 2009 for Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting

I'm on my way to Boston for a conference of the Association of Corporate Counsel, an international association based in USA. The prospect of spending 3 days with about 3500 in-house counsel doesn't really appeal to me, except that the education sessions are fantastic. Definitely in the top couple of what I have experienced. Not only do they concentrate on what is important to general counsel, but they also recognize that general counsel often have responsibilities as corporate secretaries. So lots of sessions on that too. The most interesting title of one session I attended a couple of years ago was "The Care and Feeding of your Board of Directors". How true - definitly a relationship side to those things, not just the formal support. Have to admit that there are a few counsel who I enjoy seeing. Not sure of the luncheon speakers this year. At my first such conference there was a top USA physicist who spoke on string theory. Was fantastic! I even understood it, given his approach and slides. However 30 minutes later if I tried to explain it, I'm sure I turned into a babbling idiot! First trip to Boston, so I'm looking forward to that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment, as with all comments on this blog, will be sent for moderation before publication.