Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Deseo Bistro, a new restaurant in Winnipeg

(Note from GB: In July, 2011 Deseo Bistro moved to 696 Osborne Street, adjacent to the Park Theatre, on the North side.)

Had lunch today with a friend at Deseo Bistro, a new restaurant located in the Royal Albert Arm’s Hotel, 48 Albert Street, Winnipeg.  It is a great restaurant albeit the space makes it seem like a little hole in the wall.  But the food and service were fantastic.  I expect it will eventually have to move to more elegant space that more befits the food and service.  The menu is eclectic with Spanish influences.  It wasn’t until after we had left that I realized from what little Spanish I know that the name is a neat play on words – this bistro is truly to be desired.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think that I have eaten at the Royal Albert Arms George but with hearty endoresment, I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, its really good. We asked the waiter Alejandro to decide for the five of us. And everything was novel and tasty, amazingly fast service, and just the right amounts. Spanish delight. Fantastic value and I even like the space, its the greenhouse on the front of the Royal Albert so you have the whole of Albert St. around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work in the area and have eaten at Deseo several times in the last month. The food is always terrific, and the service and atmosphere are wonderful. A great little unexpected treasure. Try the breakfast items- mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have eaten there several times and never disappointed! A great place to take visitors to the city, for something special, and not expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was treated to lunch at Desso last week as a thank you for some extra work around my office, it was phenomenal. I can't wait to go back again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment, as with all comments on this blog, will be sent for moderation before publication.